The Benefits department administers the district's employee benefit programs to improve the physical, mental, and financial well being of our employees and their families. We meet employee needs through an array of quality medical, insurance and voluntary benefit programs. The programs help attract top talent to the district and improve the lives of our highly skilled workforce.
It’s that time of the year!
Open Enrollment Dates: July 25, 2023 – August 18, 2023
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Review and compare the different health insurance plans that are available to you.
- Make changes to your current coverage, such as switching to a different plan or adding or dropping dependents.
- Enroll in a new plan if you are not currently covered.
- Waive your medical benefits
All changes are effective Sept. 01, 2023. Your current benefits will remain the same unless you make changes during Open Enrollment.
If you do not make any changes to your coverage during open enrollment, your current coverage will automatically be renewed for the coming year.
New hires: 30-day enrollment period begins on your hire date.
Open Enrollment will be held completely through K12. If you would like to change your district plan, you may do so: Zapata County ISD Insurance Enrollment Link
All elections/declinations MUST be completed by August 18, 2022. TRS will no longer accept changes after this date
Finance Staff will be having Department/Campus meetings in the month of August to assist. Please email us with any questions or concerns.
TRS Health Insurance 2022-2023
Quick Notes & Links:
- ActiveCare Primary and Primary + Plans are HMOs Primary Care Physicians must be elected at the time of enrollment
- ActiveCare HD is a PPO Plan
- Know the differences between Primary plans and the HD plan in Health Care Versus.
- TRS ActiveCare Coverage Tools and Resources: https://www.bcbstx.com/trsactivecare.com
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Physician Directory - https://www.bcbstx.com/trsactivecare/doctors-and-hospitals
- NEW Pharmacy Benefit Manager - Express Scripts: Drug Lookup https://www.express-scripts.com/frontend/open-enrollment/TeacherRetirementSystemofTexas